Sunday, March 6, 2011

Money

On your way home, you decide to take the long way home.  You are concerned about the rent on your apartment.  You can’t seem to make enough at your job to make the rent and your landlord is getting tired of your excuses.  Suddenly you hear a rustling as you walk.  You look down and see an envelope under your shoe.  You pick it up and look inside.

Inside the envelope is a huge wad of cash.  Upon counting it, you find $5,000.  This would definitely cover the rent.  But you know this money is lost and doesn’t belong to you.  Investigating the envelope leads to no clues as to whom this money belongs to.

Make the Choice

A. Keep the Money
B. Give the money to the Police
C. Ask around the location you found the money
D. Leave the money for someone else find and decide

Make your vote.  I will post the result a week from now.

6 comments:

  1. B. In good conscience, such a large sum of money should be reported to the police, and asking around might tempt someone to claim the money when it doesn't belong to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen to many film noir movies to know that keeping the money will lead to disaster. Nobody gets away clean. I would have to give it to the police.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C. I would definitely start by asking around the area, and then probably go to the police...as tempting as it would be to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly wouldn't trust the police, nor the people around the area. I would donate the money to a local charity or even a homeless shelter. That would be a win-win in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloggleng

    I'm going to interpret this vote as A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot keep it; leaving it is too cowardly to be an option. So, the choice is between asking around or going to the cops. I need more information about the area, the nature of the local police force etc. to choose between the 2. I say B, to be followed by C.

    ReplyDelete